Things I Have Learned Recently:
- If you search the word "strep" on Google images, you will find other freaks besides me who have posted images of their own possible strep throat.
- While hard candy in general may soothe sore throats, Atomic Fireballs may not necessarily have that effect. You should try this yourself just to be sure. No, for real. Go ahead.
- If you avoid going to the doctor because you can't get an appointment with a regular one and the co-pay at Urgent Care using your awesome state insurance is a whopping $87, then a couple of days of intensity later and you will be begging to go pay that minuscule $87.
- WebMD is NOT your friend!!! It actually scares the hell out of me once I start typing in symptoms.
- On the other hand, "epiglottis" and "uvula" are funny as hell if you say them out loud really fast like a tongue (or tonsil) twister.
- With the incredibly intense gag reflex (see tiny flashlight above) I have, it is fortunate that I am not attracted to men. Just saying.
- And in what I'm assuming could be related to the above, here is an actual WebMD quote: "A bacterial infection may also cause a sore throat. This can occur from...In rare cases, a sexually transmitted disease (STD), such as gonorrhea or chlamydia. If you have engaged in high-risk sexual behavior, consider whether gonorrhea or chlamydia may be present. For more information, see the topic Exposure to Sexually Transmitted Diseases."
So you are saying I could have gonorrhea of the throat?!?! WTF?!